Wednesday 19 August 2009

Some Simple (and quite bad) Nail Art!

Hey!

I wasn't going to put this nail art attempt on here but in the end I thought maybe it was better to put it on so that when I improve I can look back at this!

To be honest it's not as bad as I'm making it out. It's just not perfect and I'm a bit of a perfectionist...

I saw a similar design in a nail book I was reading so thought I'd try it as it's so simple.

I used Hot Looks Dynasty for the whole nail, BarryM Fuchsia for the petals and Konad white polish for the middle dots.




As I've said, I quite like it and in my defence I did it very quickly thus the rather squiffy flowers! I think if I took my time on it though it'd be a nice design! It definitely has potential :)
I used the dotting tool from my nail art brushes that I got ages ago. Yes, I've finally started to use them!
I'm so excited about the Secret Santa thing (see previous post). I love buying things for people and of course I love receiving stuff as well :) I just don't know where to start on my wish list! There are so many polishes that I would like!! Maybe I'll stick to colours rather than actual named polishes....decisions, decisions!
Also I have to apologise for my sporadic responses to comments. I do try to keep up but it really annoys me that I can't answer individually to people! I'm going to try to be better from now on :)

10 comments:

Paige said...

I think that this is lovely!

Inbal said...

it's so cute! looks great to me... :-)

I feel the same way about the christmas exchange. went to buy some polish today, and the thoughts about what to get to the exchange gift was on my mind. I'm also thinking about writing colors in my wishlist - but also some specials I want and can't get myself...

Unknown said...

looking great to me!! :)

Le Cocon de Voune said...

Same for me, looks great!!!

Lucy said...

Sarah that is a lovely design. I love the colors you use. Your being very silly! It's really pretty.

Glittermillie said...

Ok... maybe it's not as bad as I thought! As I said, I think it's the perfectionist in me coming out. All I see when I look at it is all the wonky petals!! I do like the overall effect though :)

Thanks for all your lovely comments.

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! pshaw that it doesn't look good! You were creative enough to come up with the idea and execute it and you rock it :)
I am excited about the exchange. I may have to put Barry M in general on my wishlist, because I only just heard of the brand last week! I agree with you - I love gift giving! There's nothing like seeing a fam or friend's face light up when you get them that wow gift - no matter how small or how big!

Helen said...

I think it looks pretty too. Worry ye not!

I can't wait for the exchange. And my list is massive - oooops. At least it'll give my Elf plenty to choose from!

nivipa said...

I think it came out very well! Of course, I can't do nail art *at all*, so I'm always in awe of those of you that can!

Velvet said...

Hello, this mani looks great to me. I think you did a nice job.