This is just a quickie to ask you all to take a look at Nail Art Tuesday's blog and vote on the entries for her 'Goodbye Summer' contest.
Click here to go to the post.
I have entered but not going to tell you which entry is mine as don't want to influence the vote at all :)
All the entries are great and I don't think I have a chance of winning but it was my first attempt at anything more complicated than dotting so I'm glad I at least gave it a go! Maybe I'll enter more from now on.
Anyway hope everyone had a good weekend and get voting!!
Monday, 28 September 2009
Posted by Glittermillie at 13:59
Thursday, 24 September 2009
Finally I have sorted through my pictures and am able to do a post about my birthday :)
Be warned, this post is VERY picture heavy. There is nail polish in it though, promise!
So, as you all know, it was my 30th birthday a couple of weeks ago. I went back to my hometown for it and most of it was a surprise, all organised by my boyfriend, Maz.
We travelled down to Newbury on the Thursday (cats and all) and the first thing I did when I got there was get my hair cut! I still haven't found a hairdressers up here so I always get it done whenever I go back.
Then we spent the evening with my parents who ordered their first dominos pizza and loved it!
Friday we spent the day with my parents and then in the evening I was surprised with a meal out with my family at a local restaurant. My parents had been earlier in the day and decorated the table with lots of sparkly things and some flowers. They also took a cake to be brought out after dinner.
This was the cake -
(L-R) Barry M Acid Yellow, Grey and Dazzle Dust 933. Boots No 7 in Vivid Violet.
The Barry M were from Maz and the Boots No. 7 from a friend. Maz said he tried to choose colours I wouldn't usually get myself and I have to say I'm impressed because I swatched them and LOVE them!
Monday, 21 September 2009
Today I thought I'd show you one of the polishes that I got in my package from MagicMaid. I'm sure you've seen this one swatched before but it has turned into one of my favourite polishes so I had to show you it :)
China Glaze - Coconut Kiss -
These pictures were taken after a couple days wear thus the marks on them!
Sunday, 20 September 2009
I mentioned in a post a while back about my amazing birthday package from MagicMaid and showed you some overview pictures but I thought I'd do a post completely focused on it as I loved it SO much!
When I picked it up from the post office it was all I could do not to rip it open there and then but I managed to make it home first. Just.
Here's what I saw when I opened it -
It took me quite a while to open up all the individually wrapped bottles and I forced Maz to stay and watch every single one ;) He was very good with the appropriate ooohs and ahhhs!
So here is what she sent me -
Thursday, 17 September 2009
I have lots to tell you and things to show you from my birthday but that will all be in another post when I've had a chance to take some pictures and stuff. What I will tell you now though is that I had one of the best weekends ever and I was completely spoilt.
So on to this post. Before I went away I did a franken which I really love.
I used -
Cover Girl Boundless Color - City Lights with 2 unbranded polishes I've had for a while.
I have no idea where the 2 unbranded polishes came from originally but I didn't particularly like either of them on their own so I decided to mix them and add some more sparkle!
Thursday, 10 September 2009
I am going back to my hometown tomorrow for a few days to spend my birthday with my family and friends. I will have my laptop with me and I have plenty of swatches to show you guys but I don't know if I'll get a chance to do any blog posts whilst I'm there so you may hear nothing from me for a few days! If I'd been more organised then I would have set up some scheduled posts but I am awful for leaving everything until the last minute and now I've run out of time!
I still don't know exactly what Maz has planned for the weekend apart from the fact that we're going out with some friends on my actual birthday on Saturday. I will be taking a million photos so will show you some when I get back!
Hope everyone has a great few days!
Posted by Glittermillie at 01:28
Wednesday, 9 September 2009
My giveaway is now at an end. I had SO many entries. Thank you so much to everyone who entered and to everyone who spread the word. I hope all my new followers will enjoy reading my blog :)
So on to who has won!
I originally wrote out all the entries and was going to pick one out of a hat but before I started cutting names up I thought I'd have a quick look online to see if their was a 'pick out of a hat' application and there was! So I used that instead.
Here's what happened -
First I entered everyone's name into the program
and got my winner!
Monday, 7 September 2009
Rebecca from Panda Does Makeup tagged me for this award. Thank you Rebecca!
I share 10 random facts about me
I then tag 10 blogs I ♥ reading
10 random facts:
1. I love to clean. I don't mean in an obsessive 'I must get rid of all the germs' way, I mean I just enjoy cleaning. It relaxes me. I even have books about it. My mum can't believe how much I enjoy it because as a child I was the untidiest person ever! She used to dump everything on my bed to try to get me to tidy up but I'd just dump it all back on the floor again :) I was a delight.
2. I can't watch result/eviction shows or auditions for anything like X Factor (UK version of American Idol), Big Brother, Strictly Come Dancing etc. I can't stand seeing people have their dreams smashed/made a fool of/booed etc. It makes me feel sick. If I get into a programme like that then I always switch off when it gets to those bits :) To be honest though I don't watch many programmes like that full stop but I do LOVE Strictly Come Dancing and get very excited about it.
3. I am double jointed. My fingers and toes bend backwards and I freak people out showing them.
4. When I was 16 I had a horse riding accident and shattered a bone in my elbow that had to be operated on. 14 years later I still have a lot of issues with that elbow and struggle with things like bowling and throwing!
5. My Grandad was a vicar and my Grandma played the church organ for every service he did.
6. I used to be in a steel band. We played at fetes and concerts. I also used to play the guitar, piano and drums.
7. I don't do diets. One of my biggest loves in life is food, I don't believe in making myself miserable to lose weight so I just accept that I'm never going to be a size 10 (ummmm US sz 6?!). I'm not huge but I'm not thin either. I have lots of cuddly bits ;) One of my and Maz's favourite thing to do is go out for dinner and I would hate for that to be lost due to a diet!!
8. I don't like onions. I hate the taste and the smell. I especially hate raw onions. I spend far too much time picking onion out of things! I don't mind it in a sauce though, as long as it's not visable.
9. My mum drank so many milkshakes when she was pregnant with me that I was born allergic to cows milk. Over time I got over the allergy but I am still a bit lactose intolerant so I tend to use soya products for most things otherwise I get really bad acid indigestion.
10. Maz tells me 1 thing he loves about me every day. They are always different and they always make me smile. Yesterdays was that he loves when I sing show songs at the top of my voice for no reason, the day before it was he loves how I tie my favourite lounging trousers up with a hairband to keep them up because the elastic is gone so I end up with this silly looking thing at the front (they're my favourite, I don't want to throw them away!). The little ones like that are the ones I love to hear the most :)
10 bloggers I read religiously: (in no particular order)
Getcha Nails Did
Helen and Sheenie's Nice Things
Nails in Aus
The Digital Rebel
Body and Soul
That is just a fraction of the blogs that I read religiously and I wish I could include everyone. I've just gone with blogs that I have read a post on recently so are fresh in my mind but I read EVERYONE's blogs and love them all :)
Sunday, 6 September 2009
This is another post that's going to be picture heavy but this time it's all about polish!
I was looking on youtube earlier and saw this tutorial by Nihrida. Seeing as I already had a dark polish on I thought I'd give it a go! Nihrida's blog is one of my favourites to read and great for inspiration!
Here are the results -
I used Sinful Color's Secret Admirer for the base (see below for more about that), Sinful Color's Queen of Beauty as the glitter and BarryM's Silver at the nail bed.
I'm quite pleased with this. As you can see I messed up in a few places but overall I'm happy with the result so thank you Nihrida! I should try things out more often :)
As I said earlier I used Sinful Color's Secret Admirer as the base so here are some pictures of just that before I glittered it!
Isn't it gorgeous! It is another of the polishes that was in the birthday parcel from Niki and it may be one of my favourites...
It only needed 1 coat (1 COAT!!) and dried really fast compared to other Sinful Color's I've tried.
Lastly, I went to Ikea on Friday and bought some new storage for my nail polish and accessories. I was thinking about getting a Helmer like I've seen other people using but in the end I went with the Andy because it's more my style and my collection doesn't really justify a helmer at the moment!
I absolutely love it and I can just pull it round to wherever I'm doing my nails that day. Maybe one day I'll have enough polish to need another one.... ;)
Finally, I just cant resist adding a non polish related picture so here's a picture of the dress Maz bought me yesterday as an early birthday present. It's from Jane Norman and was love at first sight for me! I loved it so much that Maz had to get it for me :)
That's it for now. Hope you've all had a good weekend!